Trophyology Frequently Asked Questions
PLACING AN ORDER
What are the steps to place an order?
- Get in touch: Via our online contact form, phone, email. You can also schedule a call directly here on our calendar. We’ll help you select the perfect award style, provide a catalogue with pricing information and assist with any questions you may have.
- Select your favorite style from our collections as well as your preferred wood species/finish and nameplate color. Submit project details:
- Desired in-hand/delivery date:
- Quantity of awards:
- Award model(s):
- Wood preference:
- Nameplate material preference:
- Award title with year if desired:
- Award recipient’s full name and formal title:
- Logo/artwork to be included in engraving (ideally eps file)
- Billing Company, Name, Email, Address:
- Shipping Company, Name, Email, Address, Phone:
- hipping Account (if you’d like us to use yours, and required for international shipments):
- How did you hear about us?
- Once we’ve recorded your order details, we’ll send an estimate/invoice and we’ll get to work on graphic layout options of the awards. You’ll review and select your preferred direction.
- Then, we’ll send you an engraving proof for each of the awards. After you give your final approval, we’ll personalize and engrave your awards.
- Finally, we’ll ship the awards to you or directly to your honoree.
I’m not sure which award design to select. Can you help?
We are very experienced in curating the right award and/or award suite for different brands and occasions. We are happy to make suggestions and explore options collaboratively as a part of the selection process.
What is the expected turn-around time for an order?
In short, it depends. All of our awards are handcrafted and some designs are more complex and labor intensive than others, and thus require more time. Typically, we can fulfill an order within 5 to 7 business days from approval of proofs to shipping. Expedited orders are also available and, depending on the order, could be completed in as little as 3 days. Please see the shipping FAQ for more information about delivery times.
Will you sell an award without any engraving?
Unfortunately not! We do not sell blank awards. Our pieces are created to be holistic designs with all details coordinated.
Do you do custom work?
We primarily focus our efforts on our already established collection designs. We are happy to discuss how we can achieve your recognition goals by personalizing any of our awards and gifts.
CAN I SEE A SAMPLE?
We are pleased to provide samples of our work. Clients requesting samples from TROPHYOLOGY agree to either:
- Provide their own shipping account number to ship the samples to the desired location.
- Alternatively, the samples can be shipped via the TROPHYOLOGY shipping account. In this case, Clients pay for the shipping costs via credit card prior to the samples being shipped. Should the Client decide to move forward with an order, the sample shipping costs will be credited back to the Client.
- Samples must be received back by TROPHYOLOGY in excellent condition and in original product packaging.
- Sample return must be initiated within 10 business days from sample delivery date at Client’s location.
- TROPHYOLOGY will provide the samples free of charge; however, Clients agree to provide valid credit card information to be held on file during the sample review period. TROPHYOLOGY will only charge the Client for the samples in full, should the samples not be returned within the agreed upon time frame and/or should the samples not arrive in excellent condition back at TROPHYOLOGY.
What does your packaging look like?
The presentation of our work is very important to us as it defines the first impression an honoree encounters when receiving a Trophyology award. Our packaging is elegant, sustainable and can be reused. You can view our packaging suite here. We also offer an architectural wrapping option, seen here.
Can you ship directly to an honoree?
Yes! To do so, we just require the honoree’s name, address, phone number, and email address. Please allow $15 per package for Domestic Destinations and $25 per package for International Destinations for Packaging + Shipping Documentation + Tracking of Delivery for Individual Packages in addition to the shipping carrier costs. We will copy you on tracking information so that you are up-to-date on your shipments.
What countries do you ship to?
We have successfully shipped our awards all across the globe. Our primary destinations are within the United States, Canada, the UK, and most European countries. Feel free to contact us to see if we ship to your country! Please note that export costs apply and that we require your shipping account for international shipments.
How quickly will my awards ship?
- We deliver within Austin, Texas via a local courier service.
Domestically within the USA
- Fedex Ground: 3-4 Business Days (no timeline guarantee)
- Fedex Express Saver: 3 Business Days
- Fedex 2Day Express: 2 Business Days
- Fedex Overnight: 1 Business Day
- Shipping and custom clearance times vary.
We will coordinate shipping using your account number and provide tracking and other pertinent information.
Will we receive a proof of our order before fabrication?
Yes. We will share mockups for your approval and send a final engraving proof that reflects any changes you make before starting any engraving work.
Can we compare awards during the selection process?
Yes, we can provide up to three layouts of different awards to help with the selection process.
Signature requirements for shipping
We typically require signatures to confirm the receipt of our awards. At times, award deliveries to honoree’s homes can be delayed if a signature is required since the carrier can't leave the package at the front door. You can advise your preference.
Insurance of shipping
All packages are insured for the value of the awards. Should a package get lost, the shipping carrier will reimburse the replacement costs of the award(s).
How are your awards fabricated?
Every award is created with care by our team of creative professionals who take the time to ensure each unique award meets our standards for excellence. We work with our expert team of woodworkers and artisans to handcraft, assemble, and finish each award. Hardwoods are harvested for each project and then woodworkers bring our designs to life. Awards are then passed along to our in-house artisans who treat the wood by hand-oiling the wood, assemble components, and add personal touches like laser engraving and nameplates.
Where do you fabricate?
We proudly fabricate our awards in our facility in Austin, Texas, USA.
Feel free to contact us should you have any other questions.